Happy Tuesday everyone ! The street fair was a success. It was nice to meet over 1000 people from our local communities. We would like to thank those that came by to see us. We look forward to being there again next year.
Gallery Home staging will have a booth at the Simi Valley Street Fair this weekend. Stop on by and say Hi. We’d love to see you !
Happy Wednesday everyone ! Excited to share that we are de staging our second house this week that went into escrow within a week of us staging it ! Goes to show what a difference having your house staged before going on the market can make. We can help you sell your house quicker and for more money whether through a consultation, or through a full staging.
Happy Sunday everyone ! I hope each of you enjoyed your weekend. We have a big week ahead. We will be doing a new staging in Newbury Park, as well as quite a few consultations. I will keep everyone updated and post pictures when appropriate.
New staging being done tomorrow By Gallery Home Staging in Simi valley, the Big Sky Tract. Looking forward to it! Will post some pictures when it is finished.
1. Reduces time on market.
2. It gives you the best sell price.
3. Staged homes look better in print and internet advertising.
4. The investment in staging is always less than the first price reduction on a home.
5. Distinct market advantage over non-staged homes.
6. Attracts a wider range of buyers.
7. Buyers view staged homes as well cared for properties.
8. Building inspectors view staged homes as well cared for properties.
9. Appraisers are more likely to appraise stages homes at full value.
10. Tax Advantages- Staging may be tax deductible as a service done to specifically prepare your home for sale.
1. Clear all unnecessary objects from furniture throughout the house. Keep decorative objects on the furniture restricted to groups of 1, 3, or 5 items.
2. Clear all unnecessary objects from the kitchen countertops. If it hasn’t been used for three months… put it away! Clear refrigerator fronts of messages, pictures, etc. (A sparse kitchen helps the buyer mentally move their own things into your kitchen.)
3. In the bathroom, remove any unnecessary items from countertops, tubs, shower stalls and commode tops. Keep only your most needed cosmetics, brushes, perfumes etc., in one small group on the counter. Coordinate towels to one or two colors only.
4. Rearrange or remove some of the furniture if necessary. As owners, many times we have too much furniture in a room. This is wonderful for our own personal enjoyment, but when it comes to selling we need to thin out as much as possible to make rooms appear larger.
5. Take down or rearrange certain pictures or objects on walls. Patch and paint if necessary.
6. Review the inside of the house room by room, and:
Paint any room needing paint.
Clean carpets or drapes that need it.
7. If you need room to store extra possessions use the garage or rent a storage unit.
8. Leave on certain lights during the day. During “showings” turn on all lights and lamps.
9. Have stereo FM on during the day for all viewings.
1. Go around the perimeter of the house and move all garbage cans, discarded wood scraps, extra building materials, etc., into the garage.
2. Check gutters for roof moss and dry rot. Make sure they are swept and cleaned.
3. Look at all plants… prune bushes and trees. Keep plants from blocking windows. “YOU CAN’T SELL A HOUSE IF YOU CAN’T SEE IT.” Plants are like children — they grow so fast!!
4. Weed and then mulch all planting areas. Keep lawn freshly cut and fertilized. Remove and dead plants or shrubs.
5. Clear patios or decks of all small items. such as small planters, flower pots, charcoal, barbecues, toys. etc. (Put them in the garage or a storage unit.)
6. Check paint condition of the house — especially the front door and trim. “CURB APPEAL REALLY WORKS!”
I am excited to share with you that our new staging on Sweetgrass got an offer within two days of us staging it! This house was so fun to do. We used The Worlds Fair as our inspiration. Now when you walk into the house I feel you’re transported to another time. When you’re downstairs you can almost smell all the different foods that must have been there. When you go upstairs you now feel like you can shut out the days activities and relax in comfort and quiet. Having the right feel and flow is huge when selling a house and we certainly accomplished that here. Looking forward to our next one !
This week we were given the opportunity to stage a beautiful home here in Ventura County. The house has sort of a Modern Italian feel to it. Tall doors, beautiful courtyard, and a layout that is spectacular. We put this picture in the dinning area to add to the romance of it all. I can picture a couple sitting at the table having a beautiful romantic dinner there now.
It is amazing how knowing what artwork goes with the flow of a house can do to change the way a room feels when you walk into it. This is something we as homestagers can help you do to aid in selling your home, or while you’re living there to help update and keep your home feeling fresh and new.